PLANNING YOUR TRIP... TOP TIPS
Okay, so you're coming to LA! Absolutely this is going to be fun! But you must take advantage of the situation as much as you can. You don't want to be blowing your big chance because you didn't do your homework. Here are some tips to help you get everything together.
- Find out who's who before you go. Buy a copy of the Hollywood Creative Directory - the ultimate phone guide to Hollywood.
- When organizing your flight, organize your accommodation in Santa Monica, Venice Beach or West LA. Santa Monica is great as you're by the beach, it's walk friendly and is also a British ex-pat hub.
- When buying your flight, organize a car rental for your stay.
- Organize your mobile for your stay. Either call your wireless company for a better international rate or get a pay as you go phone as soon as you're in LA.
- Make sure your laptop has wireless capability for being able to either Skype or sit in Starbucks and check emails etc.
- If setting up meetings, organize these from home. Tell them you're visiting for only a week as this will help set the meeting.
- Be prepared with your ideas.
- Arm yourself with DVDs of your reel (showreel/trailer), scripts, pitch ideas, business cards and artwork (if available) i.e. flyers, postcards, press kit or treatment (that you can leave with them if you have a movie in post or a movie in pre).
- Create a website to promote you and/or your film. If you haven't got this already, set up a simple template website via www.jimdo.com.
- Pack some fancy clothes for parties. You may be invited to a premiere!
- Watch 'Entourage'.
Hollywood Field Trip 6 - October 27-November 1, 2013
Refund/Cancellation Policy for The Hollywood Field Trip
If cancelled more than four weeks in advance of the start of a session the applicant will receive 50% of their initial registration back.
If cancelled less than four weeks prior to the start date of a session the applicant will receive not be entitled to a refund.